Here is the London Drugs Canada coupon policy:
Coupon stacking at London Drugs
It is the responsibility of the retailers to follow the offer and restrictions printed on the coupons in order to have the coupon redeemed. If there are no restrictions on the coupon or the restrictions are confusing, then the coupon can be used with other offers or “stacked”. There are a few key restrictions to be aware of:
- The amount of the coupon. This is the maximum amount that coupon can be redeemed for
- Expiry date has not been exceeded
- Is redeemable in Canada(has a Canadian Clearing House mailing address)
- The product named on the coupon has been purchased
- The size and/or flavour of the item, as stated on the coupon, have been purchased
- The required number of items has been purchased
- If a coupon states it cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer, then that coupon cannot be used with other coupons.
- Only one coupon per purchase. This means only one of this exact type of coupons can be used. (multiple coupons can be used as long as they are all different)
- Taxes: see question below tax wording
London Drugs staff take pride in providing a superior shopping experience everyday – and it may be necessary to book an appointment for dedicated time to allow for proper processing of each coupon in the transaction. For this reason, it may be smart to contact your chosen store in advance for an appointment.
We suggest that you work with the stores to do coupon stacking purchases outside of peak hours for better service to all our customers. You will find most coupon stacking education sites expressly recommend working with the store staff to ensure the transaction does not impact lineups.
We have a right as a retailer to limit quantities, especially if we suspect the product is being purchased for resale. We require any customer with the intention of purchasing large amount of products, work with the store to pre-order product in advance. Advise the customer that should we continually be driven to out of stocks, it could jeopardize our ability to continue with coupon stacking.
1. Will London Drugs price match products and then accept stacks of coupons?
Yes. When purchasing identical products, our price match policy is distinct from the coupon policy.
2. Does LD allow the total of all the coupons stacked to exceed the value of the product?
No, the coupons total value cannot exceed the value of the product. For example, if the customer presents 3 coupons that are $2.50each ($7.50) and the product is $6.00, the last coupon would be processed through the as $1.00 (not to exceed $6.00).
3. When an item is Buy 1, Get 1 free can coupons be used for the purchased item and additional coupons used on the free item?
No. The coupons can only be used on the first item as there must be a purchase in order to use coupons. As an offer already exists to get the second item free, no further coupons are required or can be accepted.
4. Are there times when a customer coupon stacking privilege can be revoked at London Drugs?
Yes. If we are aware that a customer is buying large quantities of products frequently for re-sale, this should not be allowed. London Drugs is a retailer, not a wholesaler. Coupons are not intended to be used for large scale frequent wholesaling practices. The store manager will revoke coupon staking privileges for anyone buying product frequently for resale.
5. Internet coupons printed at home are becoming more popular. The coupon sometimes is smudged or illegible, will you still accept them?
Generally no. We must be able to read and follow the eligibility and restrictions set out by the coupon. If we cannot verify the restrictions, or are uncertain of the coupons validity, then it cannot be accepted.
6. Will you accept a U.S. coupon or coupons in US funds if it was issued in the US?
No. We can only accept valid Canadian based coupons. The only exception would be a US coupon that indicates it is valid in Canada. The coupon must still have a Canadian Clearing House mailing address.
Please note we are no longer stacking coupons for Scrubbing Bubbles & Quantum finish products as per the manufacturer.
Unfortunately, there have been changes made on many coupons including P&G. We have been advised by the supplier to strictly adhere to wording on the coupon. Due to some of this wordings it can disallow coupon stacking for our customers. If we don’t adhere to the wording on the coupons as per the manufacturer, we will not be reimbursed by the vendor.
Here is a list for you that should hopefully alleviate some confusion.
- “Not valid with any other coupon offer” Not Stackable
- “One coupon per purchase” stackable
- Coupons/ Offer not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions, or discounts” Not stackable & can’t be used with sale items.
- “Not valid with other offers” we can stack.
- “Use of more than one manufacturers coupon per product is strictly prohibited” not stackable.
- ”Limit 1 coupon per purchase. Not valid in conjunction with any other coupon” not stackable
- “One redemption per customer” This means one of this type of coupon per customer, meaning you can only purchase one product per visit.
- “One coupon per purchase, one redemption per customer” stackable, but only one item.
- “If a coupon states that it cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer, then that coupon cannot be used with other coupons